Mirror have the ability to totally transform any room in a instant especially the bedroom. They can reflect the light and create large sense of space. We have selection of bedroom furniture options with mirrors available, here are a few ideas on how to make the most of them when considering you bedroom design:
- In darker bedroom space, try placing the mirror on wall opposite to the window. The incoming light will reflect from the mirror and light up the room naturally.
- If your bedroom feels squashed and small, consider covering just one wall in mirrors. This will create the illusion of increased area and the bedroom will look like it has doubled in size.
- To further spread light through your room simply put a bright lamp near your mirror.
Tall mirrors can add emphasis beautifully to an empty corner of a bedroom.
Mirrors are a favorite enhancement in bedroom design. When well placed, they act as "windows" that bring light and beautiful views into the home. Mirrors can enhance your sense of safety by providing a view of the door when you can't directly see it. Mirrors can also "correct" or camouflage architectural challenges such as poles, angles, and corners, as well as visually enlarge small areas like foyers and hallways that would otherwise feel very confining.
Broken glass can be extremely dangerous, so minimise the risk of any mirror breaking in your home with these pointers:
- Always ensure that your mirror have beed securely fitted to the wall
- Avoid placing your mirror behind any doors or drawers where it could get damaged
- Always clean with a fresh duster and glass cleaner
- Always follow the care instructions that are supplied with your mirror
It is important to choose mirrors that are one uninterrupted piece of glass. Beveling around the outside edges is fine, but mirrors cut into small segments, foggy or broken antique mirrors, or mirrored tiles that distort images aren't recommended. Along the same line, all your mirrors should reflect your entire face, with several vertical inches to spare. Obviously, in a shared home, mirrors need to be installed to accommodate the shortest and the tallest adults in the household. (Tiny mirrors that are not used to reflect your image are an exception.) Seeing a full, clear image of yourself tends to enhance your self-esteem, whereas mirrors that fracture or distort your image have the opposite effect.
In one case, a client began to suffer from depression after he moved into a new home. Over his bedroom bureau was a large mirror composed of many small pieces that fractured his body's image. The mirror was also hung too low, cutting off most of his head and presenting him with a very distorted reflection of himself every day. When he replaced the offending mirror with a tranquil painting and installed a large full-length mirror in his dressing area, his depression disappeared.
Because mirrors appear to enlarge and brighten a room, they tend to encourage activity. This is great in the active areas of the home such as the bedroom, living room, exercise room, home office, and kitchen. The bigger the mirror, the better! But mirrors can over-stimulate rooms meant to be serene and relaxing, such as dining rooms and bedrooms.
To enhance the serenity of the bedroom, replace a mirror with art that has a nurturing quality or reduce a mirror's influence by placing a sideboard or other decorative items in front of it. One of the quickest ways to calm a bedroom and its occupants is to remove or cover the mirrors. Large mirrors, like mirrored closet doors, canbe treated as windows, with curtains or shades that can be opened each morning and then closed at night. Many an insomnia problem has been solved this way. Other options are to cover the mirrored closet doors more permanently with panels of cloth or wood, or to replace them with another type of door. A bureau mirror can be "put to bed" by draping it with a beautiful piece of fabric before retiring each night.
When you cannot see the bedroom door from the bed, a small mirror (or art with reflective glass), strategically hung to reflect the door enhances peace of mind. Mirrors have the power to brighten and expand space. Install them carefully and enjoy how they enhance the beauty and vitality of your bedroom.
- Contemporary Mirrored Bedroom Closet Doors View Photo 1 of 20
- Creative Modern Bedroom Mirror Wall Devider View Photo 2 of 20
- Elegant Custom Bedroom Wall Headboard Mirror View Photo 3 of 20
- Elegant Modern Bedroom With Small Mirror Decor View Photo 4 of 20
- Contemporary Bedroom Covered Wall Of Framed Mirrors View Photo 5 of 20
- Contemporary Modern Bedroom Mirror Placement View Photo 6 of 20
- Geometric Mirror Decor For White Bedroom Interior View Photo 7 of 20
- Large Metal Framed Floor Mirror Placement For Classic Bedroom View Photo 8 of 20
- Long Horizontal Mirror Placement For Modern Apartment Bedroom View Photo 9 of 20
- Modern Bedroom With Decorative Mirror Shape View Photo 10 of 20
- Extra Large Mirror To Reflect The Light From The Apartment Bedroom Balcony View Photo 11 of 20
- Minimalist Bedroom With Large Wood Framed Floor Mirror View Photo 12 of 20
- Pair Of Classic Gold Mirrors Placement For Modern Bedroom Design View Photo 13 of 20
- Glamour Metal Mirror Decor For Elegant Bedroom View Photo 14 of 20
- Oversized Wood Framed Mirror Decor For Bedroom View Photo 15 of 20
- Minimalist Bedroom With Mirrored Accent Wall Work View Photo 16 of 20
- Small Round Mirror Placement For Small Bedroom Decoration View Photo 17 of 20
- Wooden Vintage Bedroom Mirror And Cabinet Decor View Photo 18 of 20
- Modern Futuristic Custom Mirrored Focal Wall Bedroom Design View Photo 19 of 20
- Small Bedroom With Mirrored Closet Doors View Photo 20 of 20