Everyone loves chocolate! Instead of the traditional white wedding cake, it can be really great to choose a rich, yummy chocolate cake instead. These days, you don't have to hide a flavored cake under plain white icing, either; not only can you have a chocolate cake, but go ahead and frost it with chocolate icing, too. These are some fantastic ideas for delicious and gorgeous chocolate wedding cakes.
The great thing about a chocolate wedding cake (besides the taste, of course) is that it can work for any style of wedding depending on how you design it. Whether your style is glitz and glamor with lots of beading on your dress and Swarovski crystal bracelets, country and homey, or modern and chic, there is a chocolate wedding cake design which will be perfect for you. You can be guaranteed that the groom will be on board with whatever design you choose, as long as the cake is chocolate!
A chocolate wedding cake can be the perfect centerpiece for a grand wedding reception. Let's say you were planning an opulent reception in an ornate ballroom in a luxury hotel. Begin by designing a cake which is very tall; five or more tiers would be good – you want your wedding cake to make a statement.
Place it upon a silver cake stand and decorate it with fresh red roses between each tier. Top the cake with a small antique silver vase filled with red roses. Then decorate the sides of each tiers with a hand applied scroll pattern in crystals. The sparkling detail will really pop against the dark chocolate frosting, and is a fabulous complement to the bride's Swarovski crystal bracelets, earrings, and bridal necklace.
Chocolate wedding cakes can also be romantic. Lighten up the appearance of dark brown frosting with pink and light green accents. The effect will be softer if the cake is frosted in a buttercream chocolate icing rather than a smooth fondant. Expertly made pink frosting roses with green leaves would look sweet and charming placed around the edges of the cake tiers. For a final touch, bands of pink satin ribbon can be used along the base of each layer.
There are some great modern cake designs which can be created for a chocolate wedding cake. Take three narrow layers and stack high before covering with a smooth-as- glass brown fondant. Adorn each tier of the wedding cake with circles in varying sizes done in white, lime green, and tangerine for a mod cake that will steal the show at the reception. Or opt for a modern elegant cake and decorate a fondant covered chocolate cake with an all- over damask motif in a contrasting color like sky blue. So sophisticated and definitely delicious.
A decadent chocolate cake with fresh strawberries would be the perfect sweet ending for a country wedding.
Chocolate works great for a country wedding cake. A low cake with two or three wide tiers would look wonderful decorated with fresh strawberries for a summer reception. Another gorgeous idea is to decorate the cake with chocolate cosmos and pink wax flowers. Whichever decorations you choose, your guests are sure to love the sweet ending to your wedding reception!
- Strawberry With Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 1 of 30
- Wedding Cakes Coated With Milk Chocolate And Has Milk Chocolate Cigarellos And Butterflies View Photo 2 of 30
- White And Brown Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 3 of 30
- White Chocolate Wedding Cake With Melted Chocolate View Photo 4 of 30
- Yummy Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 5 of 30
- Three Tiers Square Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 6 of 30
- Two Tiers Wedding Chocolate Cake View Photo 7 of 30
- Wedding Chocolate Cake Centerpieces View Photo 8 of 30
- Shimmering Hoop Chocolate Wedding Cake With Flower Top View Photo 9 of 30
- Small Chocolate Wedding Cake With Roses Top View Photo 10 of 30
- Three Tiers Long Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 11 of 30
- Three Tiers Square Wedding Chocolate Cake View Photo 12 of 30
- Three Tier Chocolate Cake With Dripping Ganache View Photo 13 of 30
- Naked Style Chocolate And Vanilla Wedding Cake View Photo 14 of 30
- Serene Heart Chocolate Sponge Wedding Cake View Photo 15 of 30
- Simple Wedding Chocolate Cakes View Photo 16 of 30
- Three Tiers Dark, Milk And White Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 17 of 30
- Classic Rose Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 18 of 30
- Dark Chocolate Wedding Cake With White Chocolate Roses View Photo 19 of 30
- Half White:Half Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 20 of 30
- Long Chocolate Wedding Cake With White Leaf Decoration View Photo 21 of 30
- Naked Chocolate Stout Cake With Caramel Buttercream View Photo 22 of 30
- Romantic Pink Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 23 of 30
- Beauty White Chocolate Ribbons Wedding Cake View Photo 24 of 30
- Chocolate Ribbons Wedding Cake White Chocolate View Photo 25 of 30
- CHOCOLATE WEDDING CAKE WITH GOLD APPLES View Photo 26 of 30
- Chocolate Wedding Cake With Green Leaf View Photo 27 of 30
- CHOCOLATE FLECKED LAYER CAKE WITH MILK CHOCOLATE FROSTING View Photo 28 of 30
- Classic Rose White Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 29 of 30
- Dark And Gold Shimmering Hoop Chocolate Wedding Cake View Photo 30 of 30