All houses would have perfect proportion, perfect scale, and fit in perfectly with the neighbors. That includes the garage, which, instead of being front-loaded and dominating the most important side of the home (the very first glimpse of it), would be detached or positioned off to the side—tucked away from the front façade and invisible from street view. Before you start landscaping your garage first time you need to know tips choosing garage doors for your new garage.
While garages protect vehicles from the weather, they can take away from the look of your front yard. Landscaping in front of the garage helps tie the exterior of your home to the surrounding area. The good news is that there are artful ways to make a front-loaded garage a graceful part of any elevation.
Installing a walkway from the garage to the front door adds a functional element and welcoming look. Choose a material, such as stone or brick, that complements the plants and the colors. Lay snapped pieces of stone on a bed of gravel as a rustic walkway to go with a cottage-style home. Place large stepping stones for a more organic feel.
Line the driveway with bright, low-growing flowers to give the garage a polished look. Add flower beds along the front of the garage to add visual interest along the walk from the car to the front door. Use landscape timbers, pavers or pieces of stone to border the flower beds, protecting them from encroaching grass. Let the roof line or colour of the garage inspire your plant selection. For example, plant tall flowers such as sunflowers below where the roof peaks, and shorter plants such as geraniums near the lowest points of the roof.
Planting a large tree in front of the garage redirects the eye's focus and adds proportion to the side of the house. The tree should be planted a safe distance from the home so it can grow to maturity without affecting the foundation. Add another tree in front and to the side of the garage to give the house a nestled-in look.
- Beautiful Garage Front Yard With A Garden Image 1 of 9
- Beautifull Simple Modern Garage Design Ideas Image 2 of 9
- Elegan Garage With Little Park Image 3 of 9
- Fun Garden Green Decoration Idea Image 4 of 9
- Garage Floor Plans With Living Space Image 5 of 9
- Modern Farmhouse Architecture With Large Wooden Garage Doors Image 6 of 9
- Small Front Garden Simple Fence Wooden Garage Door Image 7 of 9
- Stone Garden Design Image 8 of 9
- Stylish Garage Front Area With Front Yard Landscape Design Image 9 of 9