Good guest room decor should make your guests feel relaxed and welcomed, as though your home is a "home away from home." Stick with a soothing color scheme and fill the room with decorative furnishings that have practical uses. Consider the amenities that a nice hotel room might offer and strive to provide the same level of comfort and convenience with a greater personal touch.
If you were thinking about repainting anyway, consider choosing a light neutral color for the guest room. Generally, pale yellows and soft grays do the job well for providing a relaxing atmosphere. Dark and bright colors like red, orange, green or pink often create a more chaotic or loud feel, so avoid those colors if you prefer a serene scene.
Consider placing a glass top bedside table in the room. Bedside tables are a convenience your guests will likely appreciate, but your guests may worry if they leave a water ring from a drink on a wooden surface. If the nightstand has a glass top, the water can be wiped away and will not leave a permanent ring.
Make a welcoming tray of mints and small candies. Food always looks welcoming, and small candies or mints won’t go stale quickly, making it the perfect guest room amenity.
Put together a basket of toiletries in the bathroom. Small, travel-sized shampoos and conditioners are great for guests. If you’re worried about the cost of constantly restocking toiletries, you can buy small containers and just refill them yourself with the larger bottles you already have.
Use decorative throw pillows. While they do not serve much practical purpose, throw pillows can make a bed appear even more comfortable. Throw pillows can also be used to introduce an accent color into the room, which can allow you to add a nice splash of color without making the room uncomfortably energetic.
- Contemporary Guest Room With Fireplace Image 1 of 10
- Elegant Guest Room Decoration Image 2 of 10
- Elegant Interior Guest Room Decoration Image 3 of 10
- Guest Room Design Is Vey Nice On The Wall Image 4 of 10
- Guest Room Paint Ideas Image 5 of 10
- Minimalist Guest Room Design Image 6 of 10
- Modern Living Room Decorating Ideas Image 7 of 10
- Simple Guest Room Decoration Image 8 of 10
- Small Guest Room Color Ideas Image 9 of 10
- Small Guest Room Ideas Image 10 of 10