Today's kitchen backsplashes are as decorative as they are functional. The primary purpose of a backsplash is practical: Protect kitchen walls with a splatter-proof surface. But it can make a major design statement, too. And here are some backsplash ideas that fit with Victorian kitchen style .
· Limestone Pavers
The primary purpose of a backsplash is practical: Protect kitchen walls with a splatter-proof surface. But it can make a major design statement, too. Here, honed antique limestone pavers cover the wall from the countertops up to the level of the range hood molding, creating the look of a country Italian kitchen. Beaded stone molding frames a mosaic-tiled niche above the range to provide a functional focal point for the room. Stone tiles need to be sealed with a low-sheen penetrating sealer to protect them from stains and water and to make clean-up easy.
· Affordable Laminate
A laminate backsplash that comes attached to the countertop is the most economical choice and the easiest to install. Laminate comes in a wide variety of colors, textures, and patterns and cleans with soap and water. The drawback to laminate integrated backsplashes is that they only extend a few inches up the wall, so you'll need to choose a washable paint for the walls. Behind the range, a ready-to-hang tile panel provides extra protection from grease and splatters and adds a decorative focal point.
· Elegant Marble
Polished carrara marble is a classic, elegant stone, but be prepared to wipe off spatters from coffee, fruit juice, wine, or grease quickly, because marble stains easily. Clean with a damp sponge and a soapless detergent or a pH-neutral marble cleaner and wipe dry to prevent water spots. Vinegar and citrus-based cleaners are acidic and will damage the surface, but peroxide can be used to remove stains. The 12-inch tiles used here are set closely to minimize grout joints and create a nearly seamless look.
- LimeStone Pavers Model View Photo 1 of 12
- Natural LimeStone View Photo 2 of 12
- LimeStone In Kitchen BackSplash View Photo 3 of 12
- Laminate Countertops View Photo 4 of 12
- Laminate Showroom View Photo 5 of 12
- Affordable Laminate In Kitchen BackSplash View Photo 6 of 12
- Elegan Marble In Kitchen BackSplash View Photo 7 of 12
- Elegan Rose Marble View Photo 8 of 12
- Laminate Countertops View Photo 9 of 12
- Laminate Showroom View Photo 10 of 12
- Affordable Laminate In Kitchen BackSplash View Photo 11 of 12
- Elegan Marble Background View Photo 12 of 12