Contemporary-modern house plans feature open, flexible floor space, minimalist decorative elements, and extensive use of modern or “industrial” mixed materials throughout the home.
Contemporary homes cover a wide variety of building types and are usually an asymmetrical form with geometric lines. Contemporary homes are usually one story and built on a wide lot so the façade is the primary emphasis. Rooflines are often flat or with a gable that is off-center and with a low pitch.
There is usually minimal decorative detailing, with interest provided by the unique geometry and window placement. Various combination of wood, bricks and stones are used for exterior cladding, sometimes with wood siding placed in a vertical orientation for more contemporary look.
The floor plans of contemporary homes is almost always open, with a large great room adjacent to the kitchen and dining area. As these homes are typically one story, the bedrooms are situated at one side of the home for privacy. A large expanse of windows is usually present throughout the house, but especially in the living areas on the front façade. A wide variety of windows may be used, but often they are either long horizontal panes or vertically oriented windows that sometimes reach to the roofline. Often fireplaces are a great focal point, and are clad in thin, horizontal stonework or painted brick that adds interest and texture to the interior.
This type of home is well suited to a sloping lot so it maintains the low, horizontal orientation of one story home with the benefit of a lower level, only visible from the rear. With a wide lot, there will be plenty of space for an extended patio and outdoor living. Site contemporary homes on wide lot so the full emphasis of the interesting exterior can be seen from the street, they are sure to be standout in the neighborhood.
- Awesome Modern Contemporary House Design Image 1 of 10
- Beautiful Contemporary House Design Image 2 of 10
- Contemporary Minimalist Modern House Style Image 3 of 10
- Contemporary Modern Homes Image 4 of 10
- Contemporary Modern House Plans Image 5 of 10
- Light And Airy Design For Contemporary Modern House Image 6 of 10
- Minimalist Modern Contemporary Design Image 7 of 10
- Modern Contemporary House Design Image 8 of 10
- Modern Small Contemporary House Image 9 of 10
- Unique Architecture Of Modern Contemporary Design Image 10 of 10