A shabby chic bedroom can be feminine and have a vintage vibe to it. Its also perfect for guest rooms and even little girl rooms because the light and airy feel makes it perfect for smaller spaces. This is really an opportunity where you can do a makeover in your space and create a cohesive shabby chic design style without spending a lot of money. This is a way to change up your existing furniture pieces while giving everything a fresh and new look.
It is easy to go overboard with any design style. You really want to avoid this just because then your room will end up looking cliché and cluttered. Instead, this style should be elegant with very specific focal points. The furniture is a very important part of this kind of room. You can mix and match a lot of different antique and vintage pieces together. This gives you an opportunity to shop at thrift stores or go to yard sales to save money. You can also just mix and match nightstands to change up the look of your existing furniture set.
One of the really great things about this kind of design style is that it does rely so heavily on paint. You can use different wood finishes or just go with strictly painted furniture. This means that you can bring in color and you wont even have to paint the walls. This is also really important if you live in a dorm or an apartment and you have restrictions on how you can decorate. You can just bring in a little bit of color on your furniture. Try going with a distressed finish of blue or yellow to add a little bit of life and vibrancy to the room that wont overtake the space. If you have color on your walls then you can just bring in a plain white or cream piece.
- Black And White Shabby Chic Bedroom For Childrens Image 1 of 20
- Blue And White Shabby Chic Bedroom Image 2 of 20
- Cream Shabby Chic Bedroom Furniture Image 3 of 20
- DIY Country Style Shabby Chic Bedroom Decor Image 4 of 20
- Modern Shabby Chic Bedroom Image 5 of 20
- Modern Shabby Chic Bedroom Interior And Furniture Image 6 of 20
- Modern Shabby Chic Guest Bedroom Image 7 of 20
- Pink Shabby Chic Small Bedroom With Beauty Wall Decor Accessories Image 8 of 20
- Romantic Shabby Chic Bedroom Elegant Decor Image 9 of 20
- Shabby Chic Baby Bedroom Nursery With Pink Dresser Image 10 of 20
- Shabby Chic Childrens Bedroom Brown Wall Colors Image 11 of 20
- Shabby Chic Childrens Bedroom With Charming Decor Themes Image 12 of 20
- Shabby Chic French Bedroom Furniture Image 13 of 20
- Shabby Chic French Bedroom With Classic Furniture Image 14 of 20
- Shabby Chic Girls Dollhouse Bedroom With Ruffled Blush Bed Linens And White Shingle Accent Wall Image 15 of 20
- Shabby Chic Master Bedroom Ideas Image 16 of 20
- Shabby Chic Teenage Bedroom Image 17 of 20
- Shabby Chic Vintage Bedroom Ideas Image 18 of 20
- Shabby Chic Vintage Inspired Bedroom Decor Image 19 of 20
- Vintage Shabby Chic Bedroom Paint Colors Image 20 of 20