French house exterior design is typically described as a rustic blend of old and new. Move the look outdoors and you start to see features such as aged window shutters and wrought-iron garden furniture.
Enjoyment of the peaceful pleasures of everyday living, friends and family are keys to the French Country style. Inspired by the romantic countryside of rural France, the French house style has become immensely popular in the U.S. This home style dates back centuries, but its heritage is most often associated with those first built in the late 17th century. Chateaus, bungalows or cottage. The French country style represents a casual elegance in a rustic package
Whether you want to achieve the appearance of a grand mansion or a cozy country cottage, the important factor will be a casual and natural looking appearance, like it has been there for 100 years and the surrounding countryside has sprung up around the house. Getting this mix right in your own home requires a careful blend of ingredients.
For exterior design, French house exterior often match bold colors next to earthy tones. This helps to bring out the rustic ambiance of old next to new.
Use shades inspired by nature such as earth, wood and stone. Warm yellows and reds should match the colors of fall. The shades are colorful, with sunny yellow, golds, terracotta red, lavender, bright and dark greens and, of course, French blue with accents of black and gray. You may prefer to turn this theory on its head and use bright colors as accents and stick to muted yellow and beige shades for the majority of the exterior.
They were inviting, solid and offered shelter and protection from the outside world. Warm, earthy colors such as dull grey, burnt orange, soft gold, deep browns and fiery reds are blended with differing textures of stone and wood type.
- Beautiful Color Country Home Exterior With Brick Wall Image 1 of 23
- Beautiful Traditional French Country Exterior Image 2 of 23
- Blue Yellow And Gray Exterior Color Image 3 of 23
- Casual French Country Style Image 4 of 23
- Classic French Country Home Architecture Image 5 of 23
- Classic French House Architecture Image 6 of 23
- Elegant French Country Home With Custom Wood Shutters Image 7 of 23
- Exterior Color Country French Design Image 8 of 23
- French Country Exterior Frontyard Design Image 9 of 23
- French Country Exterior Home Design Image 10 of 23
- French Country Exterior With Turret Image 11 of 23
- French Country Home Exterior Image 12 of 23
- French Country House Exterior Image 13 of 23
- French Home Exterior With Beauty Color Image 14 of 23
- French House Exterior With Wrought Iron Gate Entry Image 15 of 23
- Gray French Country Exterior Image 16 of 23
- Modern French Home Exterior With Meticulous Landscaping Image 17 of 23
- Modern French House Exterior Landscape Image 18 of 23
- Natural Materials On Exterior Of French Country House Architecture Image 19 of 23
- Simple Exterior Color For French Home Design Image 20 of 23
- Simple Exterior Color French Home Design Image 21 of 23
- Small French House Remodel Image 22 of 23
- Traditional French House Exterior Image 23 of 23