If you really want to make a splash at your wedding reception, you are going to need dramatic and eyecatching centerpieces for the tables. The demure little vase of white roses is simply not going to do the trick! No matter what style your wedding is going to be, there is a tall and dramatic centerpiece that will be perfect.
Height in a centerpiece can come from a variety of factors, either individually, or in combination with one another. The first one is to use tall vases. The floral arrangements need not be particularly tall if the vases have a grand height. Another option is to use medium height vessels, but to set them on boxes or risers to give them a lift. Using tall natural elements like twigs or flowering branches is another wonderful way to create drama. A final option is less common, which is to have long centerpieces that suspend down from the ceiling, rather than trying to build up from the table top.
Your centerpieces should suit the general style of your wedding. For instance, if you are having a formal wedding and wearing a fancy silk gown with tons of sparkling crystal bridal jewelry, then the tall vases might be ideal for your reception. Either plan to rent antique looking silver vases from a specialty shop, or for a more modern effect, use towering clear glass vessels. A trumpet shape is lovely for a more formal or traditional wedding, whereas a very tall square vase would look cool for a hip loft wedding.
Renting or buying specialty vessels can get very expensive very quickly, which is why some couples prefer to use risers to elevate more standard vessels. You should still be certain to select vases with a vertical thrust for the most drama, rather than low round ones. The great thing about putting your centerpieces on risers is that you can use a collection of two or three different heights together on one table, and place a small arrangement on each. This allows you to get really creative, both in terms of the risers and the centerpieces themselves.
Tall vases add elegance and presence to centerpieces.
For an earthy wedding, place three small bamboo or wooden boxes in the center of each table. Each vessel can be filled with a different natural element, such as one with a floating candle, another with a submerged flower, and a third filled with smooth river rocks. There are endless adaptations to this concept. If you are going for a nightclub effect at your reception, the risers can be mirrored boxes, and you can fill each vase with a different type of orchid or candle. Add to the drama by filling the bottom of your vases with a different color of glittering Swarovski crystal beads, which will dance and twinkle like fabulous bridal jewelry in the light bouncing between the mirrored boxes and the candles.
Another terrific way to create height and drama at your reception is to design your centerpieces around tall branches, topiaries, or even potted miniature trees. These elements can be utilized to create one-of-a-kind displays for any theme or style of wedding, from modern to elegant to Asian inspired to ecofriendly. If you prefer to decorate from the top down, think about substituting long strings of flowers or even origami cranes in clusters over the center of each table at the reception. The effect will be absolutely breathtaking and truly original, which after all, is exactly what every bride wants for her wedding.
- Beautiful Tall Pink Paper Flower Wedding Reception Centerpiece Image 1 of 30
- Beauty Tall Flower Glass Vase Wedding Centerpieces Image 2 of 30
- Beauty Tall Tall Calla Lily Flower Glass Vase Wedding Centerpieces Image 3 of 30
- Beauty Tall White Hydrangea And Rose Wedding Centerpieces Image 4 of 30
- Centerpieces For Wedding Reception Tall Flower With Gold Vase Image 5 of 30
- Colorful Flower Tall Centerpieces Wedding Decor For Round Table Image 6 of 30
- Creative DIY Tall Centerpieces With Branches And Decorative Paper Image 7 of 30
- Deluxe Purple Rose Flower Arrangements With Crystals Centerpieces For Ballroom Wedding Image 8 of 30
- DIY Tall Flower Arrangement With Crytal Vase For Wedding Centerpiece Image 9 of 30
- Inexpensive White And Blue Calla Lily Wedding Tall Centerpieces Image 10 of 30
- Luxury Tall Flower Arrangements Centerpieces Image 11 of 30
- Purple Tall Flower Centerpieces For Wedding Party Image 12 of 30
- Romantic Tall Orchid And Calla Lilies Centerpiece Image 13 of 30
- Round Table Wedding Decor With Tall Flower Centerpiece Image 14 of 30
- Simple Tall Flower Centerpieces For Wedding Reception Image 15 of 30
- Stunning Tall Branch Wedding Centerpieces With Lighting Image 16 of 30
- Tall Candle And Flower Wedding Centerpieces Image 17 of 30
- Tall Crystal Candelabra Centerpiece Image 18 of 30
- Tall Elegant Wedding Centerpiece With Lighting Image 19 of 30
- Tall Floral Wedding Centerpieces On A Budget Decoration Image 20 of 30
- Tall Green And White Flower Centerpiece With Tall Glass Vase For Wedding Image 21 of 30
- Tall Metal Vases And Rose Flowers For Wedding Centerpieces Image 22 of 30
- Tall Plastic Vases And Rose Flowers For Wedding Centerpieces Image 23 of 30
- Tall Tree Candelabra Centerpiece Image 24 of 30
- Tall Trumpet Glass Vase Centerpiece And Flower Arrangements For Wedding Image 25 of 30
- Tall Wedding Centerpieces With Branches And White Flower Image 26 of 30
- Tall White Flower And Glass Vase Arrangements Centerpieces Image 27 of 30
- Very Tall Marble Vase And Flowers Centerpiece For Luxury Wedding Decor Image 28 of 30
- Wedding Tall Centerpiece With Pink And Red Roses Image 29 of 30
- Wedding Tall Centerpieces With White Lily Flower Image 30 of 30